Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture
True beauty comes from within. Mei Zen means “beautiful person” in Chinese. The system follows Traditional Chinese Medicine principles to treat the mind, body, and spirit as a whole for a radiant complexion, reduction of fine wrinkles, and improved overall wellness.
The Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture System is a unique method utilizing tiny acupuncture needles at a very shallow depth on the face and neck. The needles are inserted into the dermis layer, stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. We also add body acupuncture points for skin health and underlying conditions. The treatment is completed with relaxing facial and scalp acupressure.
Appropriate for all ages and genders, reported benefits include:
- Reduction or even elimination of fine lines
- Softening of deep lines and scars
- Regeneration of collagen and elastin for firmer skin
- Increased blood circulation for a radiant complexion
- Increased lymph circulation for the drainage of fluid build-up and toxins
- Healthy circulation for rehydration and increased delivery of nutrients to the skin
- Fading of discolorations from age spots, rosacea, and acne
- Increased tone in facial muscles while simultaneously relaxing muscle tension
- Reduction of puffiness, sagging, and folds
- Firming of the jawline
Additional potential results:
Some internal benefits may include deeper sleep, reduced jaw tension, increased ability to handle stress, reduced sinus congestion, increased energy, reduction of headaches, decreased hot flashes, and more.
What to Expect
All told, expect results to be gradual and subtle. Acupuncture stimulates your body to heal at a natural and gradual pace. Typically the immediate benefits from acupuncture last about three days, this is why we schedule treatments twice a week for five weeks. Frequently missed appointments may significantly reduce results.
After five weeks your body will be in a good place to maintain the healing that has taken place. At this point monthly follow up treatments are recommended to make sure your results are maintained.
Long-lasting results from Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture are most effective in combination with:
- Plenty of sleep
- Drinking enough water
- Stress reduction
- A natural foods diet
- Daily moderate exercise
- Laughing and having fun
If you do have issues with one or more of these topics, we will guide you towards making healthy lifestyle changes and add acupuncture points to assist you on your journey. Certain serious medical conditions may make you ineligible for cosmetic acupuncture, in that case, we will treat your medical condition with regular acupuncture or refer you to another specialist. Once the condition has been resolved, we will begin cosmetic acupuncture.
In addition to acupuncture, herbal medicine may be offered to increase cosmetic benefits and to address internal disharmony.
Recommended Course of Treatments
The program is a course of 10 treatments. The first session will consist of a ½ hour initial intake and your first cosmetic acupuncture treatment. After this treatment, the following 9 treatments will be scheduled twice a week for 5 weeks. After completing the series, follow up treatments are recommended once a month for maintenance of your results.
Suggested Preparation for Treatments:
- Wear comfortable clothes, such as yoga pants or loosely fitted clothing. Medical gowns are available if needed.
- If you have missed a meal, make sure to at least have a snack. Avoid having a large meal or alcohol right before acupuncture.
Interested in getting started with cosmetic acupuncture? Book now and we’ll give you 10% off your first appointment.